Pages

.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Build a room: teenage dream


1: blazing poppies wallpaper {anthropologie} 2: pink lacquered desk {SAbrina DAnenberg Atelier} 3: deer head white {dwell}  4: eero aarnio bubble chair {hive modern} 5: angelique mirror black {zgallerie}

When I was a teenager, I plastered an entire wall and half of my bedroom with a massively intricate collage of images I cut out from magazines. Boys I liked, clothes, jewelry, shoes, nail polish, even just words and images. It was actually pretty cool but a few years later I ripped it all down to paint the wall four different shades of blue. I'm not even sure if I got a picture of it. Sigh.

Anyways, if I could design a room for a teenage girl nowadays, these are some of the elements I'd love to pull in. The inspiration started with that fantastically vivid wallpaper from anthropologie and just flowed from there. If I had my druthers, I'd also throw in a white sheepskin rug, a gold bamboo and glass side table and perhaps a mirrored dresser.



1 comment:

  1. Hello, How do I get in touch with you? There is no email or contact info listed .. please advise .. thanks .. Mary. Please contact me maryregency at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete