Pages

.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Inside the home of... Ashley Stark

This month's issue of Elle Decor features a stunning tour through the home of Ashley Stark, heiress to the Stark carpet and home furnishings empire. I thought it might be fun to take a peek inside this colorful, chic and carefully curated NYC apartment, so kick of your shoes and let's head inside this our first home tour.

Starting with the foyer...


Standouts for me here are that oversized vase with branches and the positively exquisite Karl Springer snakeskin bench. Truly to die for. Next, into the living room.


I love all the interesting patterns and colors here. Your eye keeps traveling round and round the room putting it all together. My favorite is in the right corner, that juxtaposition of 18th-century Italian armchairs with the skull print from Damien Hirst, and that super cool brass palm tree. 

Now into my two favorite rooms. First the bedroom...


I can't handle that gray velvet headboard, it is honestly my dream headboard. Then my eyes immediately travel up to the Venetian glass light fixture that adds such a glamorous feel to the room (you don't always see major fixtures in a bedroom). I also want for my own that studded cream dresser/console piece on the far wall. Hello gorgeous.


The "dressing room." Could it be any more my style? The mirrored dresser. The shag rug. The lucite chair. The antique wood desk. And did you notice that pink skull atop that stack of books? Ashley seems like my kind of girl. 

Some more photo gems from Ashley's incredible pad, including one of the lady herself...




{all photos from Elle DECOR}


What's your favorite part of Ashley Stark's home?

No comments:

Post a Comment